...but I do have something fun to share with you. There are a couple of gals at work that I have worked with for a number of years. Every year I stitch an ornament for them. One of the gals gave me this coffee mug with pictures of the ornaments on it.
Taking a short break from my Tulip Tray pre-work to get started on one of our guild projects - Sojourner Sampler from Heart's Ease Examplar Workes. Doesn't look like much, but hey, I've got it started!
Check out Theresa Baird's blog for a picture of this beautiful sampler and more information on some of her other designs!
A couple of you have asked about the banding I am using for my Randje per Week project.
It is 28 count linen banding and it is about 6 3/4 inches wide. The edging patterns when posted can be adjusted to fit any width. I purchased my banding at my LNS, Stitchville. I bought the last of the red. They do have some with green and with blue colored edging. The challenging part is finding a piece of banding that is long enough. The Randje blog recommends about 8 feet of banding. The longest piece that Stitchville had was 6 feet. I decided I was okay with that.
I'm sure some of the other larger needlework stores probably also carry banding. If you are thinking about doing this project you may want to check around a bit to see what your options are.
Today was another one of those "stay inside" kind of days. It was cold outside and this afternoon we had a few flurries. While the washing machine and dryer were churning away, I did some finishing.
I always think that I can accomplish far more than I actually have time for. I had a project to work on for my friend Judy. I'm not a big fan of sewing with invisible thread, but it all worked out. Her project will be mailed to her this week.
Then I decided to finish this piece that I stitched last fall. You'll recognize the design - it's Needleworker from Little House Needleworks. I changed the color of the berries but otherwise it's stitched with the called for threads on 35ct Straw. Now the finish is not my idea...I saw this finish on Stasi's blog (Bee-Mused and Bee-Stitching) and fell in love with the idea. Stasi got the idea from Syd (Syd's Stitching Room). See how much influence we have on each other?
Here it is, my Boardwalk Stitching Basket:
I have it attached to the top using magnets, one on each end. I'm debating whether I will keep it that way. I think I may tack it down to the top of the liner instead. We'll try it this way for awhile and then I will decide.
Then, I had a small framing project to work on. Now, I am not a big fan of framing, I usually will have someone else do it, but this was a small project and I figured I could manage it.
The design you will recognize - I can't remember the name - but it was one of the 2013 club pieces from Blackbird Designs through Dyeing to Stitch. They sent along fabric to make it into a pillow, but I found this frame at my LNS and decided it was just perfect for this design!
That's it. There are quite a few more projects in the finishing basket waiting to be finished but they will have to wait for another time. Now I need to get back to my pre-stitching...on to panel #4!